Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Poor Righteous Teachers 90-96'

Poor Righteous Teachers are a Hip Hop group from Trenton, New Jersey, founded in 1989. Often referred to as PRT by their fans, Poor Righteous Teachers are known as pro-Black conscious hip hop artists, with musical content inspired by the teachings of the Nation of Gods and Earths. Wise Intelligent, as the lead MC, is the most visible and well known member of the group. Culture Freedom provides backing vocals and production and Father Shaheed serves as a DJ and producer.









2 comments:

Big Paul Castellano said...

password : spooz

Olskool4real said...

Now you hurting us!! Not Bad!! A truly underted contributer to the middle and new school of hip hop!! I say that now but during that time i didn't like these cats much maybe cause I was doing my own thing and they repped Jersey I was ready to tear Wise Intelligent a new you know!! But honestly he was hot and I envied those cats cause they somewhat made it and of course my best memories are the mics I've blown and a dusty 91 demo that never went any further. Good lookin they deserve some recognition!!! Peace